Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
We have more newsletters
Evil killer Wayne Couzens today (July 29) had his life sentence appeals rejected by five senior judges who ruled he should die in jail for his crimes.
Couzens, a former parliamentary and diplomatic protection officer, was given a full life sentence last year for the kidnap, rape and murder of 33-year-old Sarah Everard.
On Friday, the Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett and four other judges refused to lower Couzens' sentence citing the facts of his case.
READ MORE: Where is Wayne Couzens now? What happened to Sarah Everard's murderer
Appealing against the whole life term, Couzens's lawyers argued he deserved "decades in jail" but said a whole life term was excessive.
Couzens' sentence is the first time a full life term has been imposed for a single murder of an adult not committed in the course of a terror attack.
Murder carries a mandatory life sentence as the minimum punishment, but Couzens' whole life tariff made him one of around 60 people who will never be released.
Following the rejection of his appeal, it is likely Couzens will die inside HMP Frankland where he has been caged.
In May, senior judges heard challenges or appeals to the prison sentences of five convicted killers, including Couzens and double murderer Ian Stewart.
Bloke, 27, says he can't find a job because he looks like a child and goes viral
Russian spy ring busted as Ukrainians decide agent is 'too hot' to be pilot's girlfriend
Russia scraps any involvement in International Space Station as Putin vows to build his own
- Breaking News
Source: Read Full Article
Pub bosses warn beer prices will soar after support is cut
Russell Brand's money-spinning empire crumbles
Harry and Meghan ‘furious’ at decision not to give Archie and Lilibet HRH titles
Keir Starmer tells picket line strikers 'I'll stand with you' in video
Ask Amy: Husband says it’s his way on the highway