The Hamilton Tiger-Cats (13-3) and Montreal Alouettes (9-7) meet at Percival Molson Memorial Stadium Saturday afternoon in a rather meaningless Week 20 East Division matchup. The two teams have first and second place in the division locked up and are waiting for the postseason to start. Below, we look at the Tiger-Cats vs. Alouettes odds and lines, with CFL betting picks and tips.
Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.
Tiger-Cats at Alouettes:Week 20 preview, betting trends and notes
Get some action on the game at BetMGM by placing a sports bet!
- The Ti-Cats are 5-3 straight up away from home while the Als are 6-2 as hosts.
- Hamilton leads the CFL in both points for (492) and points against (300). Montreal has scored 411 points but has allowed 415.
- The Tiger-Cats are on a four-game winning including a 33-12 victory over the Ottawa Redblacks last week. The Alouettes beat the Toronto Argonauts 27-24 at home in Week 19.
- Hamilton is 11-3-2 against the spread for the season. It is 5-2-1 ATS on the road and 6-2-2 ATS across its last 10 games.
- Montreal is 9-7 ATS on the year, 4-4 ATS at home and 5-5 ATS across its last 10 games.
- The Als are 8-8 against the Over/Under on the season. The Ti-Cats are 6-10 against the projected totals.
- Hamilton won the season’s first meeting between the divisional rivals by a 41-10 score at home in Week 3. Montreal bounced back with a 36-29 home victory in Week 4.
- The Alouettes conclude the regular season on the road against the Redblacks next week. They’ll return home to host the Eastern Semi-final against the Edmonton Eskimos Sunday, Nov. 10.
- The Tiger-Cats finish the regular season at home against the Argonauts next week. They’ll host the Eastern Final Sunday, Nov. 17.
- Tiger-Cats backup QB Dane Evans ranks sixth in the CFL with 3,375 passing yards in 12 games played. He has 17 touchdowns against 12 interceptions on the year and has started 11 straight games since stepping in for the injured Jeremiah Masoli.
- Alouettes QB Vernon Adams Jr. ranks fifth in the league with 3,674 passing yards. He has 20 passing TDs and 12 INTs with 12 more scores on the ground. He rebounded with a three-TD performance last week after throwing four interceptions the previous week.
Tiger-Cats at Alouettes: CFL odds, picks and betting tips
Odds via BetMGM ; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Tuesday at 5 p.m. ET.
Moneyline: Take the ALOUETTES as home underdogs with +125 odds. Neither team will want to give away much ahead of a potential Eastern Final matchup, so take the value on Montreal in what’s likely to be a largely uneventful game.
Against the spread: Montreal’s odds drop all the way to -110 to cover a meager spread of +2.5. It’s a good indication of the moneyline being the best route to take in what’s already projected to be a close game.
Over/Under: The UNDER 53.5 (-110) is the safest play with both teams being likely to turn to backups if the one side pulls ahead early. The coaches won’t be wanting to expose their best plays or give advanced warning of their best play calls.
Esten’s CFL betting record: 61-60-1
Get some action in this one by placing a bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
See the Toronto Raptors’ stunning NBA championship rings
What would Tom Brady do if he actually left the Patriots in 2020?
Nationals vs. Astros Live Stream: How to Watch MLB Online, World Series Live Stream, Schedule, TV Channel, Start Time
Adam Schefter thinks Tom Brady is setting himself up to leave Patriots. Here’s why it could happen.
Joe Buck had an excellent response to Astros fan’s ‘Joe Buck Sucks’ shirt
Source: Read Full Article