Dad stormed police station with chainsaw before barricading himself with kids

A man stormed into a police station with a chainsaw before waging a six-hour stand-off behind a barricade with his kids.

Brien Buckley, 35, "terrorised" a receptionist at Cohasset police station in Massachusetts, US, where he tried to smash down a security door on Sunday afternoon.

Following his failed rampage which left a trail of damage behind him, Buckley forced a entire neighbourhood into lockdown as a SWAT team of officers were deployed to his home.

READ MORE: Couple 'took' girl, 8, who'd been dead 3 months on road trip to 'spend time with her'

Neighbours were told to stay indoors for six hours until Buckley who barricaded himself up with his children, was in handcuffs.

Police chief Mr Quigley said: “He went in and basically terrorised the civilian desk attendant who was behind the security door and security glass, but he did damage to the lobby with the chainsaw and then fled the police station."

Authorities issued a shelter in place order at 3.40pm for any residents living within a quarter-mile of Norfolk Road and Cushing Road as cops tried to negotiate with Buckley.

After more than six hours police eventually gave residents permission to leave their homes after Buckley was taken into custody.

  • Second woman, 23, dies after horror O2 Brixton Academy 'crush' at Asake gig

The children, both under five, were found safe.

The suspect was taken to hospital for evaluation before being taken to police custody.

Buckley was caught throwing items out of the window towards SWAT officers who were trying to reason with him.

Concerned at his behaviour, cops managed to coax Buckley out using some information the children's mum gave them as she became anxious for her children's wellbeing.

  • Putin mouthpiece says West is 'at war with God' and nukes will 'reduce them to ashes'

Cops became alarmed after the children were not seen for more than an hour.

A decision was made to enter the home through a rear door to check they were safe as officers swooped in and rescued the children, who were reported safe after the terrifying ordeal.

Mr Quigley added: "It got to the point where it became seriously concerned for the children, we hadn’t heard or seen them in more than 90 minutes.

  • Thai princess next in line to the throne on life support after collapsing on dog walk

“We waited for an opportunity where he was far enough from the kids where we could enter the home and take him into custody.”

Buckley had resisted arrest and was tasered by officers before being taken into custody.

The children were reunited with their mum, who provided key information to officers which helped them bring him out of the house, as police praised her actions.

Buckley has been arrested on charges including assault by dangerous weapon with a chainsaw, three counts of damage to property, two counts of child endangerment, resisting arrest, driving to endanger, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and disorderly conduct.

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here


  • Ukraine launching new 'rape hunters' after Russians attack 'people between ages 4 and 85'

  • 'Serial cheater', 75, shamed by garage door graffiti while wife lay in hospital

  • Massive angry hippo swallows boy, 2, whole before spitting him back out alive

  • 'Winter wonderland' to cover Britain today with 4ins of snow to fall in just two hours

Source: Read Full Article