The recently deceased Duke of Edinburgh had warned Harry and Meghan that "no good" would come of their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, a royal biographer has claimed.
Prince Philip, who died on Friday aged 99, regretted his grandson’s decision to quit the royal family and described the couple's decision to do the interview as "madness."
The Duke believed that the Sussexes' departure from the royals was “not the right thing, either for the country or for themselves” but later accepted “it’s his life”, Gyles Brandreth claims.
Writing in the Daily Mail, Brandreth said: “I know from someone close to him that he thought Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey was 'madness' and 'no good would come of it.'
“I was not surprised because that is exactly how he described to me the personal TV interviews given by Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, back in the 1990s.”
However, Philip had no concerns about the interview airing during his hospital stay.
The consort to the Queen had more concerns about them airing their problems out to the public and had told them to "give TV interviews by all means, but don't talk about yourself."
Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis 'unlikely to be at Philip's funeral'
It was a rule that Prince Philip had for himself and reiterated that to his children and grandchildren.
The news comes as Prince Harry made the 5,400-mile journey back to the UK yesterday to attend his grandmothers funeral.
The Duke of Sussex was seen getting off a British Airways flight from Los Angeles that arrived at Heathrow at 1.15 pm before being whisked away in a black Range Rover.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Sources had earlier confirmed he was due back imminently to quarantine for a few days before attending the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral that will take place on April 17 at 3pm.
His heavily pregnant wife, Meghan Markle has been advised by doctors not to travel.
Prince William and Kate Middleton will be one of the 30 people attending the service, however, it is believed their children, George, Charlotte and Louis are unlikely to attend as they are still too young.
Source: Read Full Article