The Duke and Duchess of Sussex featured in phone conversations between the Queen and her husband before he died, a photographer has claimed.
A new documentary centring on a difficult period for the monarch entitled 2021: The Queen's Terrible Year explores Harry and Meghan's departure to California.
In the Channel 5 show, photographer for the Sun Arthur Edwards says that Megxit was one of the things the 95-year-old monarch discussed with her husband.
The conversations, he claims, took place while the Duke of Edinburgh was bed-bound before he died in April.
"She must have been concerned, but she probably spoke to him every day on the phone," he told the programme. “And she probably discussed the Harry and Meghan situation on the phone with Philip. I think if he had any patience left, he would have probably calmed the Queen down a wee bit.”
The latest dive into the trials and tribulations of the Windsors comes as Her Majesty prepares to mark 70 years on the throne with her Platinum Jubilee next year.
It will follow an especially difficult time for the Royal Family, after Meghan and Harry announced they were stepping down from senior duties last year and left for the US.
Since then, not only has Prince Philip died, but Prince Andrew has been hit with sexual abuse allegations in light of accusations levelled at disgraced paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, "unequivocally denies" the allegations of which he is accused. These events came amid a backdrop of a continued fallout from Meghan and Harry's departure – famously dubbed Megxit.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
The Sussexes set up home in Montecito where they now live with their two kids, Archie and Lilibet.
But while staying in the area – which is awash with celebrities – they gave a tell-all interview with legendary US talk show host Oprah Winfrey.
The conversation focused on Harry and Meghan's difficulties since she joined the Royal Family and their claims rocked the Windsors. One of the many claims made in the interview was that there had been concerns from within the Firm about the colour of Archie's skin.
This prompted Prince William to tell reporters the very next day that his is "very much not a racist family".
2021: The Queen's Terrible Year is available to watch now via Channel 5's website.
Source: Read Full Article
Five children, ages 7 to 16, found home alone after murder-suicide
Half of home workers are ready to get back to the office on July 19 – but many are still worried about whether it's safe
‘No man’s land’: Judicial workforce, victims cry out for post-Delta fix to crippling court backlog
Brit girl, 15, goes missing on family holiday in Malaysia as police use sniffer dogs for search – The Sun
OJ Simpson psychologist on moment he confronted star holding gun to his head