Man jailed for sex act next to busy road as ‘mums with prams’ walked past

A 50-year-old man has been jailed for engaging in sex acts with a woman just yards from a busy road – after downing six bottles of wine.

Christian Van Der Pare admitted to outraging public decency after the shocking incident was filmed next to the A63 in Hull on August 10 last year.

The footage showed a woman lying on her back on the grass with her legs parted.

Pare then used his hands on her as several cars and a cyclist drove past. He also appeared to kiss her.

A man behind the camera was heard laughing in disbelief at what he was seeing.

The incident happened just outside the William Booth House hostel in Hessle Road, Hull, reports Hull Live.

Pare and the 22-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had been refused entry into the hostel.

The brazen pair, who knew each other but were not in a relationship, went round the corner where they were captured by CCTV.

Van Der Pare continued to carry out further sex acts, which were consensual, on the woman as she lay on the floor.

He was arrested later that day after being spotted drinking what was his sixth bottle of wine.

After he was taken into custody, he spat at a police officer.

Van Der Pare admitted to outraging public decency and assaulting an emergency worker and appeared at Hull Crown Court yesterday (September 3) for sentencing.

Stephen Robinson, prosecuting, said the pair engaged in sexual activity for 10 minutes.

He added: “Officers took a bottle of wine from him and he became aggressive when arrested.

“This carried on when he was booked in and he spat at the booking officer which landed on the officer’s hand.”

Van Der Pare said he could not remember the incident having drunk six bottles of wine. But when he was shown the CCTV he was “disgusted with his behaviour”.

He had no previous convictions for sexual offences or violence.

Richard Thompson, defending, said the offences came at a tough time for the defendant, who had just lost his job and was homeless.

“People would have been alarmed and offended by what they saw but no one came forward to say they had been harmed by it,” he added.

“My client says he has not had any alcohol since this incident.

“He has been in work and now has an opportunity at Wren Kitchens. He is dealing with his drink and drug problems.”

Judge Mark Bury told Van Der Pare there was no alternative but immediate custody.

“People were walking by including mums with prams and an elderly person on a mobility scooter.

“One person even stopped to watch what was going on out of concern for the female.

“I accept you are remorseful and disgusted with yourself but these offences must be a deterrent to others as well as punishment.”

Van Der Pare was jailed for four months for outraging public decency and two months consecutively for assaulting an emergency worker, giving him a total prison sentence of six months.

Source: Read Full Article