Fauci denied being ‘muzzled’ by Trump early in pandemic, emails show
China’s US apologists: Goodwin
National Enquirer parent fined over payments to Playboy model
Interior Dept. reportedly will halt Arctic leases sold by Trump
Former President Donald Trump’s newly launched communications platform has been shut down, his spokesman tells The Post.
The 45th president’s website, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump,” which allowed him to provide his thoughts in Twitter-style posts that could then be shared on social media sites where he had been banned, “will not be returning,” Trump spokesman Jason Miller confirmed.
The site, which was launched in early May, “was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Miller said.
The site was meant to serve as “a place to speak freely and safely,” a statement from Team Trump said at the time.
The team said during the launch that it was working on developing the site further to give the former president the ability to communicate directly with the public.
“Hoping to have more information on the broader efforts soon, but I do not have a precise awareness of timing,” Miller said when asked how to expect the former commander-in-chief to get his message out.
Asked on Twitter later Wednesday if the move was a “precursor” to Trump joining “another social media platform,” Miller replied in the affirmative.
“Yes, actually, it is. Stay tuned!”
Twitter permanently banned the then-president following the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
At the time, the platform defended its suspension as “due to the risk of further incitement of violence.”
The company’s continued position that it will not consider allowing him back on its platform, even if he were to return to public office, has rubbed many the wrong way, including some of Trump’s political opponents.
Facebook, meanwhile, ordered an indefinite ban on the president.
In the three months since banning the then-chief executive, Facebook deferred to its Oversight Board to make a final call on letting Trump return to its platforms.
The board announced last month it would be upholding the ban, but said an indefinite suspension of Trump’s account was inappropriate. It gave the company six months to specify new penalties.
The ex-president, along with former first lady Melania Trump, launched their official website in late March.
The site, 45office.com, “will allow individuals to submit correspondence, scheduling requests, and press inquiries,” the former first couple said in a statement at the time.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article