Coronavirus hell: Benidorm star Crissy Rock quarantined amid health concerns on cruise

Actress Crissy Rock is being held in quarantine onboard the Queen Mary 2 cruise ship. The actress hasn’t been able to leave the ship as it has been banned from docking at several ports over fears of a coronavirus outbreak.

The Benidorm star was set to enjoy her honeymoon on the luxury vessel, Queen Mary 2, after boarding in Dubai on January 31.

Crissy took off on the cruise ship, to celebrate her 2018 wedding to Julian Buck.

However, things soon took a turn for the worse as she hasn’t been able to leave the ship since boarding.

Speaking to the Mirror Online, a representative for Ms Rock said the star has been “really worried”.

Her manager said: “We can confirm Crissy Rock is on the Queen Mary 2.

“Crissy boarded the ship in Dubai on January 31st and has been on the vessel since.

“The ship has been unable to dock due to locations on the schedule being hit by the coronavirus outbreak.

“We hope everyone on board returns safely including Crissy who’s been really worried.”

JUST IN:’Delusional!’ – Sickening poll shows how Momentum views anti-Semitism

The luxury cruise trip was expected to dock in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Phuket.

However, since the coronavirus outbreak has spread to some of the planned destinations, the cruise will skip these locations in what the company descried as a “vital” measure.

According to MailOnline, the huge liner is now expected to head straight to Australia and passengers on board will not leave until they arrive on February 18.

The Benidorm star is hoping to return to the UK before filming commitments on February 21st.

DON’T MISS
Did Nostradamus predict the Coronavirus epidemic? [ANALYSIS]
Coronavirus: Number of infected ‘certainly’ higher than Chinese admit [INSIGHT]
The 10 deadliest diseases in the WORLD – Is coronavirus listed? [MAPS]

Cunard Cruises released a statement, saying: “We are working around the clock with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organisation (WHO) and Public Health England to implement control measures for our ships.

“Due to this, we’ve had to make changes (though we appreciate this is disappointing, but unfortunately vital) to the itinerary.”

The quarantine comes after Dr Paweł Grzesiowski, an immunologist from the Medical Centre of Postgraduate Education in Warsaw, Poland, warned the Chinese epidemic could go international.

Since the virus first emerged in China’s Wuhan City, Hubei Province, nearly 30 other countries have confirmed coronavirus infections.

On Monday, February 10, the Chief Medical Officer for England warned the virus poses a “serious and imminent threat” to the UK.

The dire announcement came as the number of confirmed infections in the UK doubled and four new people were diagnosed.

According to Dr Grzesiowski, a secondary point of infections outside of Wuhan is very likely to appear.

He said: “Sooner or later we will see secondary outbreaks, the only question is what their reach will be, how many people will get out of China and infect other people in the countries they can reach.

“To date, several dozen cases of infections have been reported outside of Asia but so far outside of Germany, they have not resulted in secondary infections.”

According to John Hopkins University, Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand has suffered the most infections outside of China with 43,38 and 32 respectively.

In Europe, at least 14 people have been infected in Germany, 11 in France three in Italy, one in Finland, one in Sweden and one in Brussels.

A total of nine Britons are now also confirmed to have been infected with the novel coronavirus.

Source: Read Full Article