Bloodbath at Playa del Carmen bar packed with Brits as Mexican gangsters open fire on crowds killing one and sending tourists diving for cover

THIS is the moment two gunmen open fire on pub-goers in the Playa del Carmen resort which is popular with Brits and where Geordie Shore was filmed.

The bloodbath in Playa del Carmen, in the southern Mexican state of Quintana Roo was caught on CCTV cameras.

CCTV footage shows two men walking up to the busy bar called Cervecería Chapultepec which is located at the crossroads of Constituyentes Avenue and 100 Street.

They both then pull out pistols and begin firing into the bar, with one of the gunmen firing at customers on the terrace — some of them being thrown to the ground from the impact of the bullets.

The gunmen continue firing into the bar before springing away while those injured can be seen writhing in pain amid pools of blood on the floor.

One man appears to be bleeding profusely from his stomach as he lies motionless.

Someone else can be seen moving only her arm.

Reports state one person was killed and 11 injured.

Those injured were taken to the General Hospital of Playa del Carmen where nine of them remain.

Two are said to be seriously injured while the other seven are in recovery.

The person killed has not been named in reports.


The General Direction of Public Safety of the Municipality of Solidaridad said the attack is believed to have been carried out by a gang who were demanding protection money from the bar in a racketeering scheme.

Prosecutors said two 38-calibre guns were used.

An investigation has been launched and the Governor of the state of Quintana Roo, Carlos Manuel Joaquin Gonzalez, said they were going to take direct control of security in Solidaridad.

He said: “Due to the emergency situation that the municipality of Solidaridad is going through, and following the rights given to me by the Constitution and the current laws, I have made the decision to take control of the public security and traffic in the municipality of Solidaridad temporarily.”

He said measures would be put in place to guarantee the safety of citizens and tourists.

No arrests have been reported and the investigation is ongoing.

Source: Read Full Article