The Boston College Eagles (4-3) battle the Clemson Tigers (7-0) in an all-ACC Atlantic clash in Week 9 of the college football season. The game gets underway at Memorial Stadium Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET. In this one, we focus on the Boston College-Clemson odds and lines, with NCAA football betting picks and tips.
Boston College at Clemson: Betting trends and tips
Looking to place a bet on this game or others? Get some action in the game at BetMGM. Sign up and bet at BetMGM now!
- Clemson leads the ACC Atlantic and is 5-0 straight up against the conference and 3-0 against the division. Boston College is 2-2 in conference play and 1-2 against the division.
- The Tigers are 4-0 overall at home. The Eagles are 1-1 as visitors.
- Clemson leads the ACC with 43.2 points scored per game and 10.7 points allowed per game. BC scores 34.6 points per game and allows 28.1.
- Boston College has lost eight straight games to Clemson since 2011. The Tigers won last year’s meeting 27-7 at Chestnut Hill.
- The Tigers outscored the Eagles 117-24 over the last three meetings.
- Clemson is 5-2 overall against the spread. It wins by an average of 28 points but loses by an average of 0.6 points per game.
- The Tigers are 3-1 ATS as the home team and 4-1 ATS against the conference.
- The Eagles are 5-2 overall ATS, winning by an average of 6.4 points and covering the spread by an average 0.4 points. They’re 2-0 ATS as the visitors and 4-0 ATS against the conference.
- Boston College is 5-2 against the Over/Under, and Clemson is 2-5. The Eagles cover the projected total by an average of 4.9 points. The Tigers fall an average of 9.4 points shy of the projection.
- Tigers QB Trevor Lawrence has completed 63.7% of his passes for 1,534 yards and 14 touchdowns against eight interceptions. He has added five rushing scores.
- Eagles QB Anthony Brown (knee) is out for the rest of the season. Dennis Grosel is expected to take over under center for the remainder of the season.
- Grosel led the Eagles to a 45-24 victory over NC State last week.
- Boston College RB AJ Dillon has 968 rushing yards and nine touchdowns on the season.
Boston College at Clemson: Odds, betting lines and picks
Oct 19, 2019; Chestnut Hill, MA, USA; Boston College Eagles quarterback Matt Valecce (7) prepares to hand off the ball during the second half against the North Carolina State Wolfpack at Alumni Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY Sports
Oct 19, 2019; Chestnut Hill, MA, USA; Boston College Eagles quarterback Matt Valecce (7) prepares to hand off the ball during the second half against the North Carolina State Wolfpack at Alumni Stadium. (Photo Credit: Greg M. Cooper – USA TODAY Sports)
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Clemson 48, Boston College 10
Moneyline ( ?)
The defending-champion Tigers were already big favorites before the Eagles lost their starting quarterback. There was no moneyline available for this game at the time of publishing, but it will be too chalky either way, with such a large spread.
Against the Spread (?)
Back CLEMSON -33.5 (-105). The Tigers have dominated the rivalry matchup in recent years and they’ll be able to focus entirely on Dillon to shut down the Eagles’ one-dimensional offense.
Over/Under ( ?)
The UNDER 58.5 (-110) is the safe play with the Eagles unlikely to provide enough offense. Clemson hung 45 points on Louisville last week and the same number on Florida State the week before. Two touchdowns is a tall order for Boston College and its backup QB.
Get some action in this one, place a bet with BetMGM today. And for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com.
Esten’s college football betting record: 13-19
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
How to Watch Pelicans vs. Raptors & Lakers vs. Clippers, NBA Live Stream, Schedule, TV Channel, Start Time
The Pelicans say Zion Williamson’s weight isn’t an issue. NBA legends disagree
Joe Buck had an excellent response to Astros fan’s ‘Joe Buck Sucks’ shirt
See the Toronto Raptors’ stunning NBA championship rings
What would Tom Brady do if he actually left the Patriots in 2020?
Source: Read Full Article