UK-based digital asset investment firm Elwood Asset Management is aiming to bring institutional players into the crypto space by offering a range of cryptocurrency products.
Owned by hedge-fund billionaire Alan Howard, Elwood Asset Management is an investment firm that combines an institutional heritage in finance with a deep knowledge of blockchain technologies to create breakthrough solutions for global investors. The firm recently teamed with independent investment management firm Invesco to launch a blockchain exchange-traded fund (ETF) on the London Stock Exchange.
In an interview with Bloomberg, Elwood CEO Bin Ren said that the firm is planning to launch a range of cryptocurrency products to lure big institutional investors into digital assets. He added that the planned regulated products would cover the full spectrum of crypto-assets.
“The only way for institutions to get meaningful exposure to digital assets has been to buy bitcoin, but many are reluctant or unable to buy bitcoin — and for good reason,” Ren said. “An ETF gives a highly liquid and regulated way to gain exposure. This is the right point to start.”
While Ren did not mention specific products or services, he said that Elwood also plans to develop investments tied to the trading of digital assets, and may eventually offer exposure to cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum.
Source: Read Full Article
- Blockchain Charity Foundation Unveils Stablecoin For Alleviation Of Period Poverty
- PixelPlex Offers Tuned dApp Development and Enterprise Blockchain Solutions, Arbitrage Platform Activated
- Demand for Blockchain Skills Exceeding Supply, Big Companies Hiring Big Time | BTCMANAGER
- CCP Member: China Should Promote the Use of Blockchain in Medical Supervision | BTCMANAGER
- Singapore Airlines Launches Blockchain-Based Airline Loyalty Digital Wallet