The Robinhood mobile trading app launched zero-fee Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) trading for the first batch of the users of its Robinhood Crypto platform on Thursday, Feb. 22, as announced on the company’s blog.
The first users to get access to the commission-free platform are customers residing in the US states California, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, and New Hampshire. Robinhood noted that the application will be rolled out gradually with support for
many more states
At the moment, all users of Robinhood are able to monitor the market for the prices of 16 different cryptocurrencies, regardless of whether or not they have access to the actual trading feature.
As Robinhood stated on Jan. 25, the main goal behind launching its zero-fee cryptocurrency trading platform was to bring as many new customers as possible. Robinhood claimed that the company is planning
to operate this business on break even basics.
According to the latest blog post, the current number of Robinhood Crypto users has reached four million with over $100 bln in transaction volume on its brokerage platform and over $1 bln in saved commissions in equity trades.
Apart from the launch of cryptocurrency trading, Robinhood has also released its Robinhood Feed which allows cryptocurrency investors to discuss cryptocurrency markets, trends and news online.
Source: Read Full Article
- Bitcoin On-Chain Data Reveals Chinese Mining Pool Behind Its Crash
- Coinmine Launches Plug-And-Play Home Crypto Miner That Anyone Can Use | BTCMANAGER
- In Quebec, Treatment of Crypto Industry Causes Controversy
- With Russia Facing Sanctions, World Cup to Push Bitcoin Price to New Heights
- Analysts: Bitcoin Really Needs to Hit $10K | Live Bitcoin News