European officials: blockade – promising, investments in crypto-currencies – risky.
Today, the European Commission held a round table entitled "Cryptocurrencies – Opportunities and Risks", covering the impact of cryptography on financial markets and the problems associated with the initial offering of coins (ICO), reports Cointelegraph.
The round table was chaired by Valdis Dombrovskis, vice-president of the Commission responsible for financial stability, financial services and the capital market.
The conference was divided into three themes: the crypto currency and financial markets, investor protection and market integrity, as well as ICO.
After the end of the round table, Dombrovskis told the press that blocking technology has serious prospects for the development of financial markets, and that steps must be taken not to hinder technological innovation.
At the same time, Dombrovskis repeated the previous position of EU regulators in relation to crypto-currencies, saying that warnings about these risks for investors should be "clear, frequent and in all jurisdictions".
Apparently, the European officials can not say something new, and the regulation of the Crypto-currency in the EU will go to previously set framework.
Author: Evgenij Novožilov, Analyst Freedman Club Crypto News
Image from Fotolia
Source: Read Full Article
- Stock Market investors Soon to Receive Opportunity to Buy Cryptocurrencies
- Crypto SIM Hack: Somber Reminder To Never Invest More Than You Can Afford to Lose
- Bitcoin Could Explode Up to $11,400 if Bulls Break One Key Level
- Facebook Pay could potentially impact Bitcoin’s market
- Bitcoin is the ‘returns king;’ payoff beats the likes of Nike, Walmart, and Coca Cola