The Weekly Summary segment is a look at the major news to break out for every token. It also includes other technology and regulatory decisions related news from around the world which made a difference this past week.
- Bitcoin started the week on a high with a 14% spike in value after news from Japan stated that the Mt. Gox trustee claimed that his selling of Bitcoins didn’t affect the price.
- Darknet market vendors or called DNM vendors might have a lot of Bitcoins but with the growing regulatory concerns, cashing them out could be an issue.
- The Chief Executive of Twitter said that Bitcoin could take over the Dollar in importance very soon.
- Bitcoin’s blockchain allegedly appears to be filled with illicit content like child pornography
- The recent hack in the city of Atlanta has hackers demand exchange ransom of $51,000 worth Bitcoins.
- The week started out on a low note for ETH with prices hitting a low of $450 before coming back up again. Allegedly ICOs started dumping ETH and major tokens like EOS was blamed for the fiasco too.
- Ethereum generally considered as the “lesser” volatile crypto was still one of the biggest losers the past week despite the market being green till yesterday.
- Ripple [XRP] got listed on BitBay
- The Ripple team explained liquidy solutions through xRapid
- Cory Johnson, Ripple’s new Chief Market Strategist joins them from Bloomberg and markets were excited that day.
- Ripple’s team announced the updated of the new Rippled version which is meant to fix external security issues and bugs.
- In a move to hit the Chinese markets, Ripple announced their new cross-border payment solution using xCurrent.
- They announced a new bug bounty hunter program.
- The biggest news that hit the market was the Santander UK and Ripple partnership for the launch of a new app.
- AbraGlobal decided to use the Litecoin network over others.
- The iOS update for Loaf Wallet and the new updates related to making international transfers easier were released by the Litecoin team.
Stellar Lumens [XLM]:
- Markets reacted positively on March 20th after Stellar announced that they would be adopting the Lightning Network
- Jed McCaleb talked about how Stellar Lumens could change the way the global payment systems work currently.
- Stellar welcomed Kin Foundation a partnership the community believes will help change things for the better in the future.
- Justin Sun announced the launch of the Test Net countdown timer – the most anticipated update by the community.
- TRON [TRX] got listed on the OTCBTC exchange platform.
- Justin Sun and Ari Paul announced their support for Rick and Morty season 4.
- With Test Net launch just a week away, TRON added another person to their tech team to strengthen its process.
- Tron surged by more than 60% in anticipation of the Test Net which is set to remove the Ethereum dependancy.
Technology News this past week:
- Earlier this week, fake emails imitating PayPal had spooked users – it sent out a “warning” notice against using Bitcoins.
- IBM announced a new alarm technology to warn users against hacks.
- Google becomes the latest entrant who wants to try out blockchain technology for various purposes.
- Yahoo Japan could possibly start a new cryptocurrency exchange.
- CZ confirmed the FSA notice on Binance but reiterated that users didn’t have to worry.
- Snapchat banned ICO ads following Facebook, Google and Twitter.
- US President, Donald Trump banned the trade of the Venezuelan digital cryptocurrency trade in the US.
- Circle revealed their plans to expand their offerings to improve Poloniex.
Other Noticeable mentions this past week:
- NANO updates aim to improve their reach in the market.
- NEM [XEM] was available to trade on Binance with a Bitcoin, Ethereum or a BNB pairing.
- QTUM went berserk earlier this week with a 55% gain.
- Monero [XMR]’s new mining algorithm was released.
Source: Read Full Article
- Barstools’ Dave Portnoy Regrets Selling Bitcoin After Run to All-Time High
- Bitmain Opens New Bitcoin Mining Facility in Washington State
- Investor Says Bitcoin is the 'First Viable Replacement For Gold'
- CZ: An Increasing Number of Institutional Investors are Willing to Hold Cryptocurrencies | BTCMANAGER
- Jerome Powell Interview Causes Some to Tout BTC | Live Bitcoin News