Regulation of the Crypto currency has gone a bit out of control.
The Australian Tax Office (Australian Tax Office, ATO) warned of a new form of fraud: rogues for types of tax officers are required to pay tax debts to Bitcoin users and other crypto-currencies, reportsNews.
ATU recalls that one should not confuse fictitious debts with real tax debts for real investors with crypto-currencies.
"So far this is only a small amount (paid to scammers)," says ATO Assistant Commissioner Kat Anderson. "We only learned about it at the end of 2017 when (Bitcoin users) paid 50 000 dollars to scammers … We expect (this amount ) will grow".
According to her, the victims sent payments to the specified details through cryptomatics, as well as via SMS and e-mail.
"Unfortunately, it is inevitable that scammers will be targeted at crypto-currency, taking into account its current popularity and anonymity. Crypto currency functions in a virtual world, and once scammers get paid, it's almost impossible to return, "warns Anderson.
Author: Evgenij Novožilov, Analyst Freedman Club Crypto News
Source: Read Full Article
- 'Buy The Dip' Google Searches Go Parabolic
- Bitcoin Can't Racially Profile You, Unlike Your Banking Provider
- Bitcoin Drops After Powell Pours Cold Water on Inflation Expectations | Bitcoinist.com
- Latest Bitcoin Halving Rally Puts Nail in Coffin on Stock Market Correlation
- GM Financial Partners Spring Labs To Use Blockchain